Lancaster CityLancaster City is located in South Central Pennsylvania and is one of the oldest inland cities in the United States. Lancaster City is popularly known as the hub of Pennsylvania’s Amish Country and is rich with history and lush farmland. The city was established in 1742 and currently has over 60,000 residents. Lancaster City is a bustling place for families and as lovers of city life. It has many gorgeous homes and attractive gardens. The place is full of opportunities for young professionals, parents, and entrepreneurs looking to grow their startups. Plus, Lancaster City residents are generally helpful and friendly. Lancaster City occupies approximately 7.35 square miles, with land occupying 7.23 square miles while water takes 0.12 square miles. The city offers residents a dense suburban feel, and most residents own their homes. If you’re looking to move to Lancaster City, here are some important points about living in this beautiful city that you should know: Lancaster City’s sales tax rate is 6%, and the median household income is $33,772h
- The cost of living here is 13.2% lower than the US average
- Although most residents own their homes, a single-family home costs an average of $212,800, while a single-bedroom apartment costs approximately $1,421 per month.
- While the US gets 38 inches of rain, 28 inches of snow, and 205 sunny days annually on average, Millersville gets 43 inches of rain, 20 inches of snow, and 202 sunny days.
- The city has 67 schools: 37 public schools and 30 private schools, and the schools are well-rated and offer excellent academics and extracurricular activities.
- Lancaster schools spend $19,405 per student, while the US average is $12,383, and there are 14 pupils per teacher, 654 students per librarian, and 371 children per counselor.
- Internet connection is superbly fast here as the average internet speed is approximately 247.5 Mbps.
- There are two local airports in Lancaster City– the Lancaster Airport and the Smoketown Airport in Bird-in-Hand.
- High road network
- Abundant amenities
- Presence of good schools
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.